Hi! I'm a freelance fullstack sofware engineer working remotely from the Hautes Alpes, in the south east of France. Things I'm an expert at include:
- C/C++, Python and Django development
- Data science and big data engineering
- Open edX development and administration
- Computer vision and machine learning (check out my PhD thesis)
Want to work with me? I am available for 1-day to 6-month contract work. I can also provide personalised training on various subjects, including: advanced Python, Django, Test-driven development, Data science, Apache Spark. Just send me an email :-)
I am currently working on creating a Data Architect course for OpenClassrooms, a leading French EdTech startup.
I did a couple presentations at the last Open edX conferences:
- Open edX 101: A Source Code Review (October 2015, slides)
- FUN, Life In The Avant Garde (June 2016, slides)
Nuli! 努力! is a powerful web application to boost your Chinese. It's developed on a Python/Django stack, with lots of Redis and Celery involved. I love it :) Seriously, if you are learning Chinese, create an account right now!
Optimal Naive Bayes Nearest Neighbours (ONBNN) is a C++ implementation of my work on image classification. It's very slow, but it's really simple and an extremely powerful classifier. It beats kernel SVM on image classification in terms of performance -- that's impressive.
All things related to my thesis on image understanding can be found here.